With Jessie Buckley, qualified Horticulturalist with over 25 years’ experience in the industry.
This workshop will cover what Horticulture is and some of the aspects, skills and knowledge you require in the industry or at home including
• What is Horticulture? / Assessing your garden needs
• Basic soil types and condition, and how to improve them/ Composting
• Tools of the trade and how to maintain them
• Pruning- tools and technique
• Growing food
• Identifying and controlling pests
• Planning and design for your garden
• Excursions to Royal Botanic Gardens and the National Trust property Rippon Lea estate
- Mondays, 9.30am - 12.30pm
- 14th October – 9th December
- (No class Cup Weekend)
- This course has been cancelled, please call Coonara Community House on 9758 7081 for further information.